Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer Reading Assignment blog 3


I have not written a blog i some time now because I took a break from the 4 blogs. I went on vacation and I had to read a bit more of the book On the Reading Assignment paper it says I have to write down a part of the book that’s "Hooking". "The best time to cry is at night, when the lights are out and someone is being beaten up and screaming for help. That way even if you sniffle a little they wont hear you. If anybody knows that you are crying, they'll start talking about it and soon it'll be your turn to get beaten up when the lights go out."(1) This section of text is from the beginning of the book you don't really know what he/she is talking about so you want to read more so thats why I think this is a good attention grabbing/hooking section of the text. Also after reading the text you might think about it is he talking about a prison or a bad neighborhood you don't really know until you read on till the next page where it talks about it taking in a prison? That’s why I think this is a good attention grabbing/hooking text because it makes the reader read on to more interesting things which will make the reader want to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment